Monday, September 29, 2014

Memories of You



Memories of You
 
In Moments of quiet reflection,
I nod into a dream.
I see you clearly smiling there,
And know you’ll never leave.
 
How wonderful it is, to see you,
Oh the stages we played back then.
And the things that we dared to challenge,
Were all worth it in the end.
 
Old songs playing on the radio,
They’re calling us to sing.
Recalling youthful feelings,
And all our hopes and dreams.
 
Remember all those nights,
Filled with life and laughter.
The secrets that we kept,
And the promises we made after.
 
When I open my eyes, I see you,
You’re shadow’s still there,
I know that you can see me.
And I know that you still care.
 
Here inside my memories,
Your smile will always remain.
You’re as vibrant as you are youthful,
Artistic, and still the same.
 
I long for all the times we had,
And the paths that we did trend.
Recalling all the memories,
I’m glad you were my friend.
 
We never stopped dreaming,
We never lost our way.
I hear our sounds of laughter,
They never go away.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

World United Productions

Folk & Acoustic Music - 2010 to 2019

Progressive Rock - 2000 to 2016

Poetry & Prose

Great music not found anywhere else! – The Minstral Show